The Caravan and Motorhome Club has cancelled "The National 2020", which was due to be held at Belvoir Castle, because of the Covid-19 pandemic. To help us all to still feel that we can take part, the Club is hosting this special event.
The organising Committee are disappointed not to be able to deliver what was promised to be another special event, so the Club's Events Team and Events Committee have organised the following on Monday 25th May.
The Club will be holding a virtual National on Monday 25th May. For one special day, the Club’s Facebook page will be taken over by a virtual National - The Big Little National Festival.
There will be a host of content for members and non-members to engage with, some will be taken from the National itself. The Club Chairman will open the event and coupled with the content (below) that we wish you to host we will also manage a community BBQ, National Quiz and input from the Club Concert Band and Singers.
11.00 Opening ceremony -pre-recorded video by Events Chairman and Club Chairman - disclosure of 2021 National Venue
11.15 Region/Division/Centre activities/ Content curation
14.00 Lighting of the BBQs and food demo
15.00 Region/Division/Centre activities/content curation
17.00 Club quiz
17.45 Sunset event - Club Choir and Band
1) The National always holds a ramble and in these difficult times we are walking locally at home but please share your photographs from your walks with us. Perhaps the children could draw something unusual that they have found on the walk, or perhaps take some rubbings of leaves or bark and post them here for us. Or they could make some rainbow stones and leave them on the walk for others to find but please take a photo of them for us before you do!
2) When away in your outfit at the National or just enjoying the great outdoors what is your favourite meal. As it’s so good why not cook it for yourself today and show us your MasterChef piece! Get those kids cooking as well, perhaps they could make a lovely desert! Please post your photographs and recipes so we can all enjoy it!
3) Competition judges at the National have always been amazed at the quality of crafts and hobbies undertaken by members in their outfits, what hobbies and crafts interest you and what is the best item you have made.
4) The dog show at the National is always a very popular event, what animal friends do you take with you and what do they enjoy when away in your outfit? We would love to see their favourite spot in your outfit after they have had a hard days work or should we say walk?
5) The National radio often keeps us entertained during the event along with many great acts but what is your go to playlist when away in your outfit? Please also make sure the kids tell us what they are listening to in their ears via their devices!